Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How Not Well Was I Yesterday

I wrote yesterday's blog entry before realizing just how not well I was.  As I sat and wrote it staying upright was making me feel more and more nauseous.  I don't get migraines often, but yesterday what I had either was one or was at least very close to one.  I ended up sleeping through from 5 AM almost until 11 AM with just enough time to get up and take some medication.  I was feeling better when I finally woke up after 11 AM.  And while I was functional last night, I was in bed before 9:30 PM.  Not the most productive day for the part of my well-being that worries about getting things done.  However, it was a nice day for letting my body recuperate from whatever has been plaguing it.  This morning, I'm still not 100% over the cold I've had, but I am feeling better.

I am also thinking about others' well being more and more.  This year, as I mentioned on Facebook this morning, one wish I have is to make a bigger difference in the lives of more people this year than I did last year.  This is not a wish just to draw attention to myself.  Rather it is a wish to improve the lives of others.  One of the new things I am doing this year is running the Maryland Half Marathon.  It benefits the Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center at the University of Maryland.  People who would like to help me to make a bigger difference in the lives of others can help in two ways.  First, you could make a direct donation by going to http://www.ummsfoundation.org/kevinfrick.  Also, I am self-publishing a book about a first time marathon runner.    The book will be available in early February.  Will it be a best-seller?  Hardly.  It is a nice opportunity for me to tell a story that I think others will find interesting and from which all royalties this year will go to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment