Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Only Human

Just a quick follow-up to yesterday's post.  On the occasional day when I come into work saying I overslept (generally meaning I didn't get out running at 5:30), my colleagues will tell me I needed sleep and that I'm only human.  At this point, I think that all of this "what can I actually fit in and it has to be less than I've tried" is one big reminder that I am only human.  Sometimes in business and politics people talk about managing expectations.  They are usually referring to others.  In my case the key person's expectations I have to manage are my own--expectations of what I can actually accomplish.  We could adapt the serenity prayer: May we drive to accomplish the most we can, have the courage to admit what we cannot, and have the wisdom to discern the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment