Saturday, February 4, 2012

Runner's Serenity Prayer

When I found out today that I'd missed the registration for the race I was hoping to run in early March, a twist on the serenity prayer came to mind:

God, grant me the serenity to accept that I missed the registration for a race I was hoping to run, the courage to make sure that I never miss another registration opportunity, and the wisdom to know how to make this happen.  

And, as I always try to make sure to link my running lessons to life's lessons, I'd add:

And, in all other things in life, give me the serenity, wisdom, and courage to actually make the things that I can change actually change rather than just letting things ride.  

Why is that second part important?  It's the things that I let ride that just drive me crazy after a while and don't help my spiritual or physical well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment